Judge Joseph Bianco is President Trump’s nominee to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit from New York.
Current Position: U.S. District Judge, Eastern District of New York (New York, NY)
- B.A., Georgetown University; magna cum laude (1988)
- J.D., Columbia Law School; Kent Scholar (outstanding academic achievement); Editor, Columbia Law Review (1991)
Judicial Clerkships: Judge Peter K. Leisure, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York (1992-1993)
- 1991-1992, 1993-1994: Associate, Simpson Thatcher LLP (New York, NY)
- 1994-2003: Assistant U.S. Attorney, U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York (New York, NY)
- 2003-2004: Counsel, Debevoise & Plimpton LLP (New York, NY)
- 2004-2006: Deputy Assistant Attorney General, Criminal Division, U.S. Department of Justice (Washington, D.C.)
- 2006-Present: U.S. District Judge, Eastern District of New York (New York, NY)
- President George W. Bush nominated Bianco to be a U.S. District Judge in 2005, and he was confirmed by voice vote on January 3, 2006.
- As a political appointee in President George W. Bush’s Department of Justice, Bianco supervised the Counterterrorism Section, the Fraud Section, the Appellate Section, and the Capital Case Unit.
- Judge Bianco has taught courses at St. John’s University School of Law, Hofstra University School of Law, and Touro Law Center on topics including Counterterrorism Law, Sentencing, and Criminal Procedure.
- Judge Bianco is a frequent speaker and panelist at Federalist Society events on topics including Federalism and Separation of Powers, National Security Law, Government Enforcement and the Financial Sector.
- Judge Bianco is a native of Flushing, New York and is an ordained Deacon in the Roman Catholic Church. He and his wife have six children.
Click HERE to View Online