WASHINGTON – The Judicial Crisis Network today released a new round of ads accompanied by polling research focused on red-state Democrats in West Virginia, North Dakota, Indiana, and Alabama. These latest ads highlight Judge Kavanaugh’s qualifications, fairness, independence, and adherence to the Constitution. They also call on the states’ Democratic senators to stand with their constituents and not with radical liberals. Accompanying the ads is fresh polling from North Star Opinion Research (Whit Ayres) that shows a majority of voters in each of the four states support confirming Judge Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. The polling also shows that Independents in these states solidly support Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation.
This is a $1.5 million buy throughout West Virginia, North Dakota, Indiana, and Alabama. Since the president nominated Judge Kavanaugh July 9, 2018, JCN has spent $4.5 million on ads with more than $2 million allocated specifically to West Virginia, North Dakota, Indiana, and Alabama.
Statement from Judicial Crisis Network’s Chief Counsel and Policy Director, Carrie Severino:
“Judge Kavanaugh is a fair and independent judge who bases his decisions on the Constitution, which is why President Trump nominated him and why a lopsided majority of voters in key states support his confirmation. Red state Democrats have a choice: stand with their constituents and support President Trump’s extraordinarily qualified Supreme Court nominee, or stand with Chuck Schumer and be a rubber stamp for the extreme liberal special interests.”
EXAMPLE SCRIPT – West Virginia
- Here are the four ads that the Judicial Crisis Network has launched since Justice Kennedy announced his retirement:
- June 27, 2018 – #AnotherGreatJustice ($1 million)
- July 9, 2018 – Phase one of Confirm Kavanaugh campaign ($1.4 million)
- July 16, 2018 – Phase two of Confirm Kavanaugh campaign ($1.4 million)
- July 23, 2018 – Today’s announcement of ads in WV, IN, ND, AL naming specific senators ($1.5 million)