Neomi Rao is President Trump’s nominee to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
Current Position: Administrator, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (Washington, D.C.)
- B.A., Yale University; highest distinction (1995)
- J.D., University of Chicago Law School (2000); Order of the Coif; Comment Editor, Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy; Executive Editor, Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy (Symposium Edition)
Judicial Clerkship: Associate Justice Clarence Thomas, U.S. Supreme Court (2001-2002); Judge J. Harvie Wilkinson, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (2000-2001)
- Administrator, Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (Washington, D.C.)
- Professor, Antonin Scalia Law School (Arlington, VA)
- Associate Counsel, Office of the White House Counsel and Special Assistant to George W. Bush, The White House (Washington, D.C.)
- Attorney, Clifford Chance LLP (London, UK)
- Counsel, U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary (Washington, D.C.)
- Ms. Rao has served as Administrator of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (“OIRA) since the beginning of President Trump’s administration. OIRA is located within the Office of Management and Budget (“OMB”) and oversees the implementation of government-wide policies and reviews draft regulations.
- Prior to joining the Trump administration, Ms. Rao was a tenured professor at Antonin Scalia Law School, where she founded the law school’s Center for the Study of the Administrative State. Rao’s academic scholarship focused on the political and constitutional accountability of administrative agencies and the role of Congress
- Ms. Rao is a Member of the Administrative Conference of the United States and serves on the Governing Council of the ABA Section of Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice.
- She is listed as an expert for The Federalist Society and has been a speaker and panelist on the topics including Administrative Law, National Security Law, and Presidential Power.
- Ms. Rao is a first generation American whose parents were born in India. She is married and has two children.
Click Here to View Online