Judicial Crisis Network’s Chief Counsel and Policy Director Carrie Severino issued the following statement: “Congratulations to President Trump for releasing yet another outstanding list of nominees for the federal courts, fulfilling his campaign promise to appoint brilliant and principled judges. We encourage the Senate to move swiftly to confirm them.”
- Third Circuit: Paul Matey
- Third Circuit: David Porter
- Eleventh Circuit: Justice Britt Grant
- Western District of Oklahoma: Justice Patrick Wyrick
- NOTE: Justice Britt Grant (Eleventh Circuit) and Justice Patrick Wyrick (Western District of Oklahoma) were among the names included in President Trump’s expanded list of potential Supreme Court nominees last November. Along with their state high court experience, Grant and Wyrick also bring to their nominations experience as former state solicitors general. State SGs are routinely on the front lines handling critical federal appellate matters before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Also in the group are two nominees to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit: Paul Matey, an experienced former federal prosecutor and currently the vice president and general counsel of a major hospital system in New Jersey; and David Porter, a longtime private practitioner who specializes in high-stakes multimillion-dollar litigation.